The Offline Experience plugin provides a set of features to provide a clear user experience when the device is offline. It contains a number of elements which you can configure: The top toast banner & a fallback screen.
iOS and Android
How to configure:
1. Add the “offline experience plugin”.
- There are two elements to configure: Toast + Fall back screen.
The Offline Toast has two states: Online & Offline. These will show when connectivity changes to let the user know that they are online or offline. Configuration includes background color & typography for each state.
The Offline Fallback Screen is shown when navigating to a non-offline enabled screen when offline.
Customize the toast display (color and font) and the fallback screen (image and colors and font)
Edit the text messages as you wish under “Localizations”
- Choose offline home screen -
Under “layout setting” there is an option to pull a screen that will appear when there is no internet connection. You have 2 options:
- Leave this option empty. Users with no internet connection will get the fall back screen that alert there is no internet connection and option to open download screen (if set in the app)
- Set the downloads screen as offline mode.
Article is closed for comments.