This feature enables the end user to be able to cast/mirror the content from an Android or iOS Mobile to the Chromecast enabled devices and therefore to watch content on TV.
The Chromecast icon can be displayed on (1) the top nav bar, (2) inside the player or (3) both.
QB player or Kaltura Player
Chromecast App ID can be registered here -> https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/registration
How to configure:
CHROMECAST/CAST INSIDE THE PLAYER
- Install the following plugin:
Add the Chromecast App ID to the Chromecast Action plugin. The app ID can be retrieved upon registering here -> https://cast.google.com/publish/#/signup and build the version.
You have the choice between the following because there are 3 types of receiver apps:
As most apps want to support the casting of HLS and DASH content then as a minimum the Web Receiver application must be chosen.
Web Receiver application. This further splits into
A pre-styled web receiver application called the styled media receiver. It provides a default UI for the Web Receiver application, but you can customize several elements in the UI with a CSS file
Or a fully customizable web receiver app. This is a custom built HTML5 app that a customer must host to handle the display of your app content on the TV
A third option available is the Default Media Web Receiver.This is a pre-built Web Receiver application hosted by Google that is designed for streaming your audio and video content. It does not require you to register with the Google Cast SDK Developer Console, but you cannot customize any of the UI in the Default Media Web Receiver. Also you cannot cast HLS, DASH or Smooth Streaming formats.
- On the action plugin, you can configure the modal that opens and displays the devices. All text messages under localizations.
- On the player screen Add chromecast action button using the identifier: quick-brick-chromecast-action
Player styles/Background image key - image_base_16x9 / Logic the same as cell styles configuration:
New extra info text section to configure text above the button (if necessary):
Adding Chromecast Icon to the nav bar:
- Add the following plugin:
- Add the Chromecast Nav Item icon in your Layout under Navigation Tab -> QuickBrick Navigation Bar
- Choose the relevant flavorour - Default values: Flavour 1 (white), Flavour 2 (black). You can change it in the Chromecast Action plugin configuration