In the section Roku App Basics you will be taken through the fundamentals of configuring a core Roku app from which you can then further develop your app layout and features.
- To create an app you need to have
- An account in Zapp - contact Applicaster support
- Access to Zapp - contact Applicaster support
- To build a Roku app you need to have
- A Roku developer account Roku - Setup a Roku Developer Account
- A Roku device set up Roku - Enabling developer mode on a Roku device
- Developer credentials to build an app Roku - Developer credentials for building an app
The general flow of app creation is
- Create an App Family in Zapp Roku - App Setup and Creation This page is your main instruction set that will refer to other help articles during its flow. The end result will be a basic app with minimal layout built and installed on a Roku Device. From there the layout can be further developed.
- Prepare a basic layout in UI Builder Roku - Layout creation
- Create a new App Version in Zapp Roku - App setup and Creation
- Add Plugins to your app Roku - Standard Plugins
- Configure Styles to your app Roku - SDK Style Keys
- Add Assets to your app Roku - SDK Assets
- Build and install your App Roku - Uploading an app to a device
Please sign in to leave a comment.