The popular JW Player offers lighting fast playback, smooth implementation and management, a dazzling user interface, revenue driving ad support, and more.
While the Player and DSP plugins can be mixed and matched to work with other DSPs and Players, they both of course work optimally with each other. The JW Platform provides a robust management solution for organizing and delivering your video library, and the DSP plugin utilizes JW's feature-rich API for direct integration into our apps.
- The JW Data Source Provider (DSP) supports all platforms.
- The JW Player Supports iOS, Android (Mobile only)
Current Version for DSP: 0.2.0
Current Versions for Player: 1.7.0 (Android) and 3.2.4 (iOS)
- JW License Key / PlayerKey
- This is a Required Key. Without it, the Player shall not work!
- The Customer must provide the License Key
- In order to obtain the License Key, the Customer must have an Active JW Account
- Ad Units and Ad Types, etc....
- These are Optional Keys.
- The Advertisement is taken firstly via the DSP, from what is configured in the JSON Feed. The Ad Units that appear in the plugin, serve as a Fallback, in case the JSON feeds don't contain any ad units.
Key Features of the Plugin
- Organize - Build a mobile-first, ad-optimized, video gallery in seconds. Showcase is lightning fast and delivers a beautiful experience that engages viewers and premium advertisers. Collaborate with your entire team using customized user roles, and create multiple sites to segment videos, players, and analytics.
- Customize - Use MPX's tagging system to incorporate information like genre and cast that can help users more effectively navigate your app and find desired content.
- Monetize (Advertisement) - Dynamic support of VAST (pre/mid/post rolls) with fallback logic available for content not assigned video ads.
- Note that VMAP (Playlist Ads) is currently Not Supported
- Pre-hook - Pre-hook support is developed, enabling interfacing with other plugins like SSO/Payment solutions. This includes support for both Advertising Models (AVOD) and Subscriptions Models (SVOD).
- For example: You can add a Pre-hook to a Subscription service (such as Cleeng, etc...), which means that only after you login correctly and surpass the "login obstacle", you shall be forwarded to the JW player to play the requested content.
- Analyze (Analytics) - Analytics data are delivered to Applicaster’s analytics handler (Morpheus), interfacing automatically with any analytics plugins configured, enabling cross-referencing of data, funnel analysis, and other such advantages over separate silos of data.
Analytic Events supported for the JW Player in iOS and Android (Mobile):
- Play VOD Item
- Watch VOD Percentage
- Watch Video Advertisement
- Start Video
- Pause Video
* Note that Properties have Not been set for these events for the JW Player
- DVR Live Streaming - We support the JW functionality to pause, and rewind live streams from within the player. To do so, add `?DVR` to the end of the livestream url. You can learn more about this feature here.
- Closed Captions - Side-loaded closed captions, accessible via the player controls, are supported when set up in the JW console. This enables legal compliance in several countries, as well as an improved experience for the hard of hearing, non-native speakers, multi-taskers and more.
Things to Keep in Mind
- VMAP (playlist ads) are not currently supported.
- Dynamic Feeds (ones that require parent-child relationships like seasons --> episodes) are currently Not supported, so JW is better suited to libraries with static videos and playlists.
- Search capabilities are Not supported.
- Chromecast and Airplay support are in the roadmap.
Contact your Account Manager for pricing details.