The purpose of this document, is to explain the change in the way Internal issues shall be reported to Support and to Zapp.
1) #zapp-consultation slack channel -
Due to false expectations that have developed over time, we are clarifying the purpose of the #zapp-support Slack channel. This includes also renaming it to #zapp-consultation.
The role of the #zapp-consultation slack channel is to serve as aa community channel where people at Applicaster can go to share challenges and help one another.
As such, the channel shall be used for general Zapp-related consultation questions, such as:
* How do I create a Screen Picker?
* How do I create a Navigation per Screen?
2) Raising general questions and requests to the Support team -
From now on, NO internal bugs shall be reported to the Support team.
Support shall only deal with issues such as configurational questions about Zapp/UIB/etc..., and other training/account/user requests.
• How do I create a Screen Picker?
• How do I create a Navigation per Screen?
• How can I change the Color of the Grid1 Cell in Colorado Family?
• Can I please have HockeyApp access to App X
• I don’t understand the documentation on sending a push Push to a single device… can you please explain?
• I need please a training session on Y
• Can you please create a User for account X?
Please notice that the Slack Channel, is Not intended for Time-sensitive issues, and is Not subject to the Applicaster SLA.
Here is documentation explaining the numerous methods to Report An Issue to Support:
3) Internal Bugs shall be reported directly to Zapp -
Any internal issues that revolve around Build failures / Product behaviour / Potential SDK issues, and other related issues, must be addressed in the form of a JIRA Ticket, directly to the Zapp team.
Please find attached the guidelines to working with JIRA and reporting to Zapp:
Here are some examples of issues that require a Ticket opened in the Zapp JIRA Board:
• My build is failing
• I click on my Screen in Zapp and it appears Empty
• I enter a screen in Zapp and get an Error message
• I click on the Download button in Zapp but am not redirected to the Download link in HockeyApp
• I added Plugin X but it’s not behaving as Expected
• I updated to SDK X and my plugin is now behaving differently
• I updated to SDK Y and my app is crashing upon launch
• I updated to SDK Z and my Chromecast is not casting
ii- The Zapp team shall then prioritise the issue internally, and be the Responsible Entity to provide you with updates on the progress, ETA and solution.