Installing a demo app on Apple TV
- Guidance Note
Apps created for Apple TV in Zapp can be sideloaded onto an Apple TV device
1. Install Apple Configurator 2 from the Apple Store (make sure you have the latest Apple OS on your computer, otherwise installation will be blocked by Apple)
2. Ensure your Apple TV and PC are on the same WiFi or wired network
- Preferably the network should be open. Any firewalls may prevent the devices seeing each other. An option is to use a mobile hotspot if the Apple TV device is not shown in the configurator.
3. Launch Apple Configurator 2.
4. Pair your MAC with the Apple TV device as follows
- Open Apple Configurator and select Paired Devices from the menu
- On Apple TV go to Settings >> Remotes and Devices >> Remote App and devices and wait for the pairing code to launch
- Enter the code displayed on the Apple TV into the pop-up window on your MAC
5. When the Apple TV device is found the Apple Configurator screen should show as follows:
6. Drag the .ipa file from your computer folder onto the TV window in Apple Configurator. The app will install on the Apple TV
*Note: 👉Debug builds only