This document explains specifically how to add the Video Ads custom fields to your Brightcove dashboard, so that you can server VMAP videos on a video, via Brigthcove, and using the Brightcove player.
Once you have added the pre-defined custom key in the Management section, you can then proceed to populate the field with the value of your VMAP Ad unit, as decribed in the following documentation here (which also provides a general overview of the Video Ads and Texts Tracks Supported by the Brightcove Plugin).
Here are the steps to configure the Video Ads custom field:
1) Login to Brightcove's Video Cloud Studio
2) In the navigation header, click ADMIN and then Video Fields. Note that you must be an account administrator to access to the ADMIN menu.
3) The Video Fields page will display your custom fields and all the standard video metadata fields. Review the standard fields before creating any new custom fields. This will help you avoid creating custom fields when a standard field that can do the job already exists.
4) Click on "Add Custom Field"
A popup dialogue box shall enter, where you will be required to enter the Specific following information:
- Display Name - Video Ads
- Internal Name - video_ads
- Type - Text
- Description - The description field will appear as a hint in the Studio interface. So for example, you can write, "Video advertising parameter for configuring VMAP ads on a video"
- Make this Field Required checkbox - Keep Unchecked
Custom Field appearance in the Brightcove DSP
Any Custom field that you create, will be generated by the Brightcove Data Source Provider as an "Extension", with the Extension Key, using the internal key created for this custom field.
So for example, the custom field "video_ads", will appear in the Brightcove DSP as:
When creating your custom fields, always into account the following simple rule which is valid for ANY Data Source Provider (and not only for Brightcove):
Any DSP parses content into the Output that Applicaster can read. The ability whether to show or not a Subtitle, is decided on a Family + cell style component level.
So as long as the Brightcove Feed contains parameters and keys supported by Applicaster, and these parameters are also being promoted in a Family and cell style component that supports them, then these parameters shall display in the app.
For information on which exact parameters are supported by Applicaster and the UI builder, please consult the Developer Portal documentation on Data Source Output.