Airship allows editors to send pushes to single device prior sending it to the main audience.
This can be achieved after obtaining the Channel ID using the Channel Capturing Tool.
1) Enter the Urban Airship message composer for your app: https://go.urbanairship.com/
2) Click on the "Create" button,
... and select "Message"
3) In the message composer under the "Audience" tab click on the Target Specific Users option:
*Important: Make sure to unselect the platform to which you don't intent to send any pushes. Otherwise the device targeting won't work.
4) Take the Channel ID you received from the Channel Capturing Tool and paste it in the search box:
5) Click on the Device ID, and make sure it appears as "Targeted Audience":
6) Click on the "Content" Tab, and then click on "Push Notification" --> "Add Content" :
7) Insert the Text of your push under the "Text" section
You can adjust the action of the push notification (eg: To open the Home Screen / to do something else), via the "Actions" section. The default state is to for the Push to open the Home Screen of your app.
8) Click on the "Delivery" tab and select whether you want to send the push now, or schedule it for a later time:
9) Click on the "Review & Send" tab.
*ATTENTION!! Make sure that your Unique Device ID appears under the Audience Section. If it doesn't appear, it means the push will be sent out to All users!!!
10) Once you reviewed and confirmed all information to be correct, you can proceed to Click on the "Send Message" button