In the previous article, we learned how to create your account.
Now that your account has been created, you can access the Applicaster App Builder, start setting in place your desired configurations, and create the first build of your app!
Accessing the App Builder
You can access the app builder using the following link:
You will see your app name appear with your logo (if logo not provided, there will be a generic one. This can be easily edited later).
Beneath the App name, you will see 4 buttons:
* Zapp Version Management
* UI Builder
* Edit App (general app configurations)
* Delete app (please do not use without consulting first with the Applicaster Support team)
We will cover here the first option:
Zapp Version Management
Clicking on the Zapp button, , leads you to the Zapp builder where you can define:
- The Version and Build Numbers
- Adjust the Styling and Colours to your branding
- Upload Assets according to your branding
- Define Localisations and remote texts
- Add relevant plugins, such as Analytics, Advertisement, Single Sign On, etc...
- Set the Bundle/Package ID of your app
- Set the URL Scheme of your app
- Define whether the Data will be ingested to the Applicaster2 CMS, or uploaded as Feeds to the App Builder
- Configure Social media keys for your app
You will see for starters, that there are two Mobile App versions pre-defined - one for Android and one for iOS. Both have version number 1.0
Clicking on the Configuration Drop down menu for each , will reveal the configurations options:
* Remember the configurations are on a per-version basis!
In the General section, you can configure:
* Version and Build Number (in most cases should not be touched, as number change automatically in an incremental manner, every time you create a new build)
* Template: For Mobile Apps, please select the "UI Builder" template.
* Active Layout: The app is populated by default with a "Production" layout.
You can create additional layouts by following the documentation on the matter.
* Opening Orientation and Data Sources:
i- Video Splash - Select Video Splash if you want to support a video Splash mp4 file upon app launch
ii- RTL - Select this option if your app will be opening from right to left (for example, if it contains Semitic languages)
iii- Use Zapp Pipes - Select this option if you will be populating your content Feeds (eg: XML/JSON files, directly into the App Builder). Should you not have feeds pointing to your server, and would instead be ingesting content physically to the Applicaster2 CMS, please unselect this option.
iv- Use UI Builder Navigation Bar - Keep this option selected (unless advised otherwise)
v- Use UI Builder Root API - Keep this option selected (unless advised otherwise)
vi- Use Quick Brick - Select this option should you be using the Quick Brick option in the App Builder
* Firebase Configuration -
Please insert here your Firebase Configuration JSON file (obtained independently via the Firebase Dashboard). The JSON configuration file is a requirement:
i- In order to be able to Upload the Android App version to the Google Play Developer Console
ii- In order to support Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), which is what permits to send Push Notifications.
For more information, please follow the documentation on How to create a Firebase account and project.
* URL Scheme -
This will be the URL scheme used to open different functions and screens within the app (for example, via push notifications)
* Facebook / Twitter / Instagram configuration
* Crash Log ID -
This allows to send crashes from the Release (store) versions of your app, directly to the HockeyApp console, so that they can be investigated with greater ease.
To learn about the consecutive options from the Configuration Drop down menu (Styles, Assets, Localisations, Plugin Configurations), click HERE.