This manual will show you step by step how to setup the option to send test push notifications to Debug Enterprise versions on iOS, as well as to receive push notifications with additional Rich Media (i.e. video, GIF, etc...).
This new feature will also allow you to send push notifications to multiple devices on iOS, instead of testing with a specific device ID.
Please note, in order to do the following steps you will need to have access to the Apple Developer Program for the account connected to the app.
*Note: Should you wish to enable and send rich push Notifications for Store versions on iOS, please click HERE.
Zapp: Update the Urban Airship plugin parameters
Login to Zapp
On the relevant version of the app, go the plugin configurations and add the "Urban Airship Plugin" to your version if its not already there.
- Confirm the plugin version is at least 6.1.1 and higher
- Confirm the "allow_enterprise_rish_push_notifications" checkbox is marked
- Click save and run a new build
- Once the build is done extract the p12 push certificate from the build itself for the Enterprise App (notification service extension) and send it to support, so the iOS Airship account can be created for you (should you not have one already).
Follow the steps below on how to extract the p12 from the build:
a) Enter the "info" section on your app version
b) Click on "Reveal Build Parameters" in the top right corner
c) Copy the assets URL
d) Paste the URL in a place you can edit it
e) Remove everything after apple_store/
f) Following apple_store/ add the following suffix apns/enterprise/apns.p12 (i.e.https://assets-secure.applicaster.com/zapp/accounts/596f00872694d0001157ff54/apps/com.shanaapp/apple_store/apns/enterprise/apns.p12)
g) Download the p12 --> (The password for the p12 is the account_id of the app you are using, which can be found in the url above following accounts )
7. Send support the p12 and password. Support will use this p12 in order to create the iOS Airship Test Account.
8. Once the test account for iOS has been created, ask support to provide you with the enterprise_app_key and enterprise_app_secret.
9. Add the enterprise_app_key and enterprise_app_secret in the relevant fields in the Urban Airship plugin.
10. Create a new build for the app.
To learn how to enable Rich Push Notifications for Store / Live versions on iOS, please click HERE.
Please sign in to leave a comment.