However, you can also configure a static JSON in the settings of the channel to ingest programming automatically for the relevant channel.
This means that our ingestion system checks periodically, if any changes/additions our made to the JSON and updates the EPG accordingly.
(Ingestion Cycle varies and depends on the servers workload)
We can add or modify a JSON URL to a channels settings in Applicaster2.
- We click on the "LIVE" in Applicaster2.
- Select the relevant channel from the drop down menu or if you have only 1 channel for your account then the channel is already selected by default when you access the "LIVE" section.
(This drop down is only relevant for accounts that have more than 1 channel)
- Click on the channel "Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Ingestion" portion of the channel settings.
You configure/add the JSON URL in the "Programs ingestion url" field.
- Now click "Update" or "Update and Close" on the left menu pane.
If the JSON structure is valid and doesn't contain any errors the JSON will ingest and generate a "Last sync at" timestamp and "Last Ingestion SHA" key.
Please Note: Ingestion process can take several minutes up to 45 minutes or more depending on server workload.
This should serve as an indicator that the JSON has ingested and programs have been added to the EPG for the relevant channel.
Please note, JSON errors can consist of overlapping programs, incorrect and outdated unix (milliseconds) timestamps.
In order to avoid such errors or issues, please follow this guide which outlines Applicaster's JSON acceptable structure here.