This Document explains how to configure the Automated Multicam.
This is the Same product as the non-automated multicam, but contains also the option to use an external JSON data source in order to automatically populate the fields of the template, instead of having them inserted manually.
1) Enter Starlight:
2) Select “Feed & Interactive” and Enter the Feed Screen
3) Go to the desired Show and select “Standalone Questions”:
4) * If you have not created yet any Questions for the TV Show, click on New Question.
5) Select the “Multicam camera” Tab (on top), and click on the “Live Multicamera” (the one on the Right):
You are now inside the Configuration screen of the Multicam.
The Multicam can be set in two modes:
6) AUTOMATIC Configuration of the Multicam Template -
This is the more common use case of the Multicam Product.
While the Font and Frame colors shall be configured in the template, all the rest of the data shall be fed automatically via a JSON file.
This JSON file shall by Dynamic and contain all the relevant information so that an HTML template can be Automatically updated and it’s URL can be generated for the insertion in Applicaster’s CMS.
These are the following fields that need to be filled-in, in order to configure the Automatic Template:
i- App Scheme: This is the URL Scheme of the App
ii- Camera Resource Type: Select as “Automatic”
iii - Font Color + Frame Color: Select here the Font Colors of the Titles of the Camera Buttons and of the Frame over which the Camera Buttons will appear in the Multicam Overlay.
iv - Resources URL: Insert here the JSON file that contains all of the Metadata and Parameters for the generation of the URL of the Automated Multicam Template. [The Format of the JSON file is detailed below in the document]
Click on “Save” to finalize the process.
Your newly created template shall appear in the List of Standalone Questions.
Click on the “Open Link” button. The HTML Overlay shall open in a new Tab of your Browser.
Copy the URL for this HTML, for insertion in Applicaster’s CMS.
7) MANUAL Configuration of the Multicam Template -
This is the less commonly used scenario for the Multicam Product. It shall be used when there are last-moment changes and there is not enough time to update the JSON file that feeds the Automated Multicam template with its’ data.
These are the following fields that need to be filled-in, in order to configure the Manual Template:
i- App Scheme: This is the URL Scheme of the App
ii- Camera Resource Type: Select as “Manual”
iii - Title: This is the Title of the Event, as will appear at the top of the Multicam Overlay
iv- Font Color + Frame Color: Select here the Font Colors of the Titles of the Camera Buttons and of the Frame over which the Camera Buttons will appear in the Multicam Overlay.
v- Branding: Insert a Branding / Advertising Image for the Multicam Overlay.
The Branding dimensions need to be: 620x80, 72 dpi
- Insert the Channel ID (this is the ID of the channel, as appears in Applicaster’s CMS)
- Insert the Title: This is the Title of the Camera, as will appear under the Camera Button in the Multicam Overlay
- Skip Ad: Select this Checkbox if this Channel has a Pre-Roll Ad assigned to it, and you wish for it NOT to appear upon switching to this channel.
- Image: Insert the Image that shall appear as the Camera Button in the Multicam Overlay.
The dimensions of the Camera Button need to be: 480x270, 72 dpi
* Click on “Add Camera” if you wish to add another camera, and repeat the steps above.
Format of the JSON File:
"title": "América vs Tigres Ida",
"startDate": "2017-11-29 20:45:00",
"endDate": "2017-12-29 20:45:00",
*NOTE: As a pre-requisite, the JSON file Must render in HTTPS format (and not HTTP) for the Applicaster Servers to read it.
VISUAL FLOW -
8) Configuration in Applicaster’s CMS -
i- Enter Applicaster’s CMS under your Account:
(select “VOD & Live”)
ii - Click on “Admin” → “Advertiser”
iii- Scroll Down to the desired Channel, under the “Live Channels” Section, and click on the channel.
iv- Go to the Section of “Overlay Ads” for this channel, and insert the Image and Link for iOS and Android:
- Image - The image is the button that shall appear on top of the Live Stream, and shall be clicked upon in order to launch the HTML with the Multicam Overlay.
- Link - Is the Link that was generated in the previous steps (either Manually or Automatically).
- NOTE: The Link MUST be shortened into a Bitly URL, in order to be saved by the system, due to its’ length (https://app.bitly.com)
Please insert the Shortened URL in the CMS, otherwise the overlay won’t be saved!
v - After inserting the image and Shortened URL, press on “Save” for each OS (iOS and Android).
The Multicam Overlay shall now be visible on top of the live stream.
9) View within the App -
Open the app and launch the Live Stream where it is promoted (Live Drawer, Home Carousel, Side Menu, etc…)
The Live Stream shall appear with the selected image in the upper-right corner of the device screen (* Note: exact location of the image is not constant, and may vary according to the device model and screen resolution).
Clicking on the Overlay image, shall open the Multicam Overlay on top of the Live Stream: