After selecting one of the default templates, you will get to the configuration menu for this template, where we will see first 5 sections: Settings, View settings, Question Title, Vote Indications, Answers Settings and Answers Content.
The Settings section allows you to choose the type of the question and the status.
- Trivia: a question that allows you to choose one or more options as correct.
- Poll: a question that doesn't have any correct or incorrect option. It will act as a poll.
- Prediction: this question will allow the user to "predict" something. For example: "Who is going to score the first goal?".
The user chooses an answer and then, after the answer is known, you will choose the new option that will appear under Question Status called Prediction Resolved. This will make the Feed to automatically publish a new event with the prediction resolved.
- Closed: question not open to votes. For the Trivia and Poll question types, you can choose to display results or not when the question is closed.
FYI: for question types "Trivia" or "Poll" only, You can choose to display the "Results" or "Message Only" after the question has been closed.
Please note that in order to make this choice the user must edit the original question and change the status from "Opened" to "Closed" and only then will you see the Close Question Type choice as shown in the screenshot below.
- Opened: question open to votes
- Prediction Resolved: If the question type was a Prediction, this option will appear. It is the one you need to choose once the prediction is resolved, in order to make the Feed publish a new event with the prediction resolved.
You can also use the results button on the published event to republish the question with the results.
In this section, we just need to enter the main image of the question, which can be of any size, and the question text direction (useful for languages like Hebrew or Arabic).
In the Question Title section you can edit the text of the question you want to ask and the colour of it.
Also, you can write the text you want to show once the voting is closed.
Next section is the Vote Indications. Here you can edit the text that will appear after the user answers and you can change its colour and its background colour.
Here you can also decide whether to show the percentage results or not (after the user has answered).
In the Answers Settings section you can change the colour of the background (keep in mind it won't be a solid colour, but a translucent one), the selected answer background colour, the answers font colour and the answers percentage colour.
Also, here you can choose between 2 or 4 answers.
In the Answers Content section you can edit the answers for this Ultimate Question. You can edit the text and, in case the answers are correct or wrong, mark them as correct or wrong.
On each step of the setup you can see how the question will appear at the app by looking at the preview on the left side.
The last setup part is how the question will appear on the Feed, where all the events are published. Notice that if you are creating a Standalone Question, this won't appear.
- Text - Write a text that describes the question (this text and the picture you will add next will appear on the Feed main screen and will help you to know what this question is about when you need to publish it to the Feed).
- Event source - This is "who" is asking this question.
- Enable Zoom - Not relevant for Ultimate Questions.
- Transparent Background - You can add a transparent background to make the Feed slightly visible in the background.
- Take over - Checking this option will launch the event in its own window of the Feed which the user can click back on and return to the main Feed.
- Takeover Expiration Time - Here you can select how long the question will take over the user's screen. After this time, any user that enters the Feed, will not see the question in take over mode.
- Preview Image - Finally add a preview image to the event which will be viewed on the Feed and when clicked on it will lead to the question.
- You may check mark Trigger Scheduled to schedule the event or click Submit to finish the question and get it ready to be published on the Feed.
Click on Submit or Save and your UQ will be ready to be published.
In case you selected the Prediction status, once your event is published you will see a box in the event - Results
Once you click on the results button you will see the following screen that will allow you to resolve the question, which will create a new event in the feed that will show the results of the users answers.
Change the state to Prediction Resolved -
Click on Publish now to publish the new event with the results of the question.
It is also possible to edit the existing Ultimate Question event and setting it to Closed or resolved, which will not create a new event but modify the existing Ultimate Question event you originally published.
**PLEASE NOTE, ALL TEMPLATES ARE GENERATED WITH PRESET IMAGES OR VALUES THAT MUST BE REVISED TO YOUR LIKING**
* Please note that the Ultimate Questions should only be configured and edited with Chrome web browser.