Applicaster allows you to manage your app's banners in two ways, the following guide will assist you in configuring your banners by (A.) manually uploading the image of the banner or entering the URL that will represent the banner or (B.) via a "Advertisers" which you will need to enter your DFP ad-unit.
The "Advertiser" method has two ways of being promoted, either at an app level (B.1 - the same banner for all of the app) or per category (B.2 - different banners in different sections of the app).
Banners are uploaded or configured in each perspective field per operating system for each app device separately, enabling you to target your user-base more accurately.
1. Go to Admin -> Advertiser -> General.
2. Under 'Application', choose the relevant app and click on the arrow to open the app's section
(A. Manually Uploading a banner)
3. Scroll down to the the Banners header.
4. Under 'Banners', click in 'New Banner'.
5. Name the banner. The users won't see this name. We recommend that it will represent the preroll's content, so you will be able to notice it easily.
6. Choose if the banner will lead to category in the app or other URL.
7. Upload the images according to their type and size:
Large images are for tables devices.
Small images are for mobile devices.
* Large Portrait - 768x66.
* Large Landscape - 1024x66.
* Small Portrait - 320x50.
* Small Landscape - 480x32.
8. Click 'Save' at the button of the page.
9. Repeat for all the relevant apps.
(B.1 - via "Advertisers" by entering your DFP ad-unit at an app level)
10. If you need to configure your banners via the "Advertisers" method and advertise at an app level then you will need to follow the first 2 steps above and continue with the steps below.
*Note - the "Ad Providers" section needs to be setup first in order for this method to work.
11. Find the Banners field for either iOS (General banner iphone) or Android (General smart phone banner).
*Note - the name of the field may vary by operating system and device type.
12. You will need to enter your DFP ad-unit in the blank space for it's perspective field depending on your configuration in the "Ad Providers" section, if your not sure of your configuration you can always ask support for assistance.
Ad-Unit name "banner_2"
DFP Account number & Ad-Unit name "/19489716/banner_2"
13. Click on the "Save" button in order save your changes, each change must be done for it's perspective app either iOS or Android.
(B.2 - via "Extensions" by entering your DFP ad-unit per category)
14. You will need to go to Admin -> Extensions -> VOD Extensions
15. Here you will be able to configure banners per category depending on your content. For example, we will be configuring the banners for category "The Voice" for iPhone & iPad.
16. You will need to enter each perspective ad-unit for iOS & Android and click on the "Save" button which is represented by a floppy disk.
If you have any questions or doubts regarding these methods, please do not hesitate to contact Applicaster Support for assistance.