In this document we will see how to set up Live+.
Tutorial Video -
Basic configuration with Twitter Stream
- Go to our Live+ admin page: https://assets-secure.applicas
- Login with your Applicaster account, and select your account.
- First screen you see is the dashboard. That's a synthetic view of all the show configuration you have saved.
- Click on the big + button to create a new show.
- Fill in the fields as they come. Pressing enter or tab automatically takes you to the next input.
- Enter a show name; this will only appear in the dashboard.
- Enter a message interval, in seconds, higher than 8. This is the frequency at which the system will try to display something if there are queued events.
- Enter the Twitter accounts you want to whitelist in the system. They are case sensitive, and you don't need to type the @ sign. Hit space to enter a new account; comma and @ sign are automatically filled in for you. Hit enter when you're done.
- Optionally, enter hashtags for further filtering of the input tweets. Same rule applies: case sensitive and don't type the # sign; the space fills in the comma and the # for you. Hit enter when you're done.
- Enter the welcome message. This is the first message users will see when they launch a live stream with Live+ enabled.
- Hit enter, and click the create button on the bottom right corner of the page.
- Now your show is created and saved. You can enable it when you want it to run inside the app. In order to do so, just open the show configuration by clicking on it in the dashboard and then click on the switch button on the top right corner of the page.
- Now you can see the queue of tweets on the left side, and the green button on the top right controls if the whole Live+ is active or not.
The button - Click here to get your widget's url - will open the URL for the Liv+ in a new tab, You can later copy the URL for your app.
Please note that to remove a tweet simply click on the X button on the cell.
- Scroll down the page to the Layout settings section. There you can choose in which corner the Live+ overlay should appear, and what is the X & Y offset from the nearest borders. Click on the Save Layout button.
- The last step is to add the Live+ to your App. Click on the line that says "click here to get your widget's url" on the top of the Live+ page, It will open a new tab with the URL to the live+.
Now we need to create an In Video event copy this link from the address bar and go to the Applicaster CMS - admin.applicaster.com
Click on the Activities tab and then on Events. Hover over the New Event button and click on Webpage.
Add the Live+ URL.
Add all the parameters for when you want the Live+ to show over your videos, make sure to select the In Video target and the Live channel you want the Live+ to show on.
From this point on, you should see the Live+ overlay inside the app, on top of the video, where you chose to position it. You should see the welcome message, and if there are tweets coming from the whitelisted accounts, you should see them too.
Setting up text events from Starlight and Polls
In order to display text events and polls in Live+, you need to use our Starlight CMS (http://cms.applicaster.com) and click on Feed & Interactive.