Applicaster uses Google Analytics to track all kind of events in your app.
To use this tool as a method of measurement, you will need to either give administrative access to your Google Analytics account to your Applicaster account manager, or follow the steps in this document.
Creating a new Property
- Go to “Admin” Tab on the left sidebar.
- Click "Create a new Account" from the "Account" drop-down.
3. Enter your account name and select the Account Data Sharing Settings:
4. Select the "Web" property, which is used to track analytics events in TV Apps.
*Note: For Mobile Analytics, you can select "Apps" instead of "Web" in case that you have a Google 360 or Premium account. Otherwise, you will need to set up a Firebase Analytics Account in order to track Mobile Analytics.
Here is documentation on that:
5. Set up the Property:
* Please note that a Website name is required. We suggest putting in an app name that makes clear what the purpose of this property is for.
* Please insert your company's website address in the "Website URL" box.
* Make sure to select your time zone and an industry category and
6. Accept the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement:
7. Send Applicaster Support and your Account Manager, the Tracking ID you have just received.
Granting access to Applicaster
In order to grant permissions to Applicaster, please follow this steps:
- Go to the Main Menu
- Click on "Account User Management" under the "Admin" tab
- Click on the "+" button on the Upper-Right corner, and select "Add Users":
Give rights to:
Make sure to select the all Three "Edit", "Collaborate" and "Read & Analyze":