Applicaster uses Google Analytics to track all kind of events in your app.
To use this tool as a method of measurement, you will need to either give administrative access to your Google Analytics account to your Applicaster account manager, or follow the steps in this document.
Please refer to the following Official Google Documentation on how to setup a New Property:
Creating a new Property
- Go to “Admin” Tab on the left sidebar.
- Click "Create a new Account" from the "Account" drop-down.
3. Enter your account name and select the Account Data Sharing Settings:
4. Select the "Web" property, which is used to track analytics events in TV Apps.
*Note: For Mobile Analytics, you can select "Apps" instead of "Web" in case that you have a Google 360 or Premium account. Otherwise, you will need to set up a Firebase Analytics Account in order to track Mobile Analytics.
Here is documentation on that:
5. Set up the Property:
* Please note that a Website name is required. We suggest putting in an app name that makes clear what the purpose of this property is for.
* Please insert your company's website address in the "Website URL" box.
* Make sure to select your time zone and an industry category and
6. Accept the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement:
7. Send Applicaster Support and your Account Manager, the Tracking ID you have just received.
Granting access to Applicaster
In order to grant permissions to Applicaster, please follow this steps:
- Go to the Main Menu
- Click on "Account User Management" under the "Admin" tab
- Click on the "+" button on the Upper-Right corner, and select "Add Users":
Give rights to:
Make sure to select the all Three "Edit", "Collaborate" and "Read & Analyze":