The link event feature allows you to create an event linking to any URL. The event can be In Video, opening only on a VOD/Live channel, or a Takeover event, in which case it will appear everywhere in the app, with or without sync button beforehand.
1. To create an Event that opens a link, go to the Activities section and select Events. You can create the event in any of the 3 tabs: On air, Upcoming or Archive.
2. Open one of the tabs and click on the Add Event button. Select Web Page.
3. Enter the web page details:
URL - The address that will open.
Starts - The start date and time of the Event.
Ends - The end date and time of the Event.
Target - Set this to be In Video to create an event appearing only on the video in the application.
Active in - What area of the application the question will appear in. This allows you to have a questionnaire appearing only in the Live area, for example.
Alternatively, you can set this event to be a takeover event. To do this, select "Takeover" in the Target field.
When selecting Takeover, you can choose which applications will have this event.
5. Scroll further to determine the behaviour of the take over screen
Call for action - The text that will appear at the bottom of the screen, below the sync button. This text should urge the users to click on the button. The text will appear in font Helvetica 17 bold.
6. Click Create on the left hand menu to save the event.
- If your event is scheduled to start in the future, you can find it in the Upcoming tab. It will go live automatically in the scheduled time, and can be found in the On Air tab. Once the event ends, it can be found in the Archive tab.