The Dock contains all the graphical components of the overlay - the layer on top of the video.
To create a new Dock, Go to UI Center > Docks and click on 'New'.
1. Enter a name for the dock. This is an internal name.
2. Set up the following:
- Setup Layout Options - In this section of the dock edit form you will be able to select the components which you would like to display on the dock, and determine their order by dragging and dropping them.
Please note that 'Metadata', 'Logo', and 'Close Button' cannot be moved. Also note that the number of widgets that can appear on a device depend on the device's size.
- Direction - Determine the language direction of your dock components.
- Vertical paddings - Determine the vertical padding that will be applied. This is in pixels, and can be between 0 and 10 pixels.
- Dock Float - The distance of the entire dock from the bottom of the player overlay (you may want the dock to 'float' a little above the most bottom line).
- Bring in your Graphical Assets - Before first using these features, we ask that you download the graphical guidelines which will give your designer an idea of how to create an appropriate images (in terms of sizes, etc). According to the guidelines you will be able to upload a sprite image and a dock background line for both smartphones and tablets.
- Setup Overlay's Text & Typography - Within this section you will be able to determine the text that will appear for 'next program', 'no program', as well as determining a font color for the dock (once you've selected a color please click the colorful circle on the bottom right side of the palette).
To save your changes please click 'Save' on the top left corner.
Previewing your work
In order to save you from going to your devices to see the outcome of your work, we have incorporated a slick preview for both small and large screen sizes. Click on the dock in the 'List' view in order to enter the preview mode. In this section you will be able to select a screen size and a context (VOD or Live) in order to see if everything is correct and whether you uploaded all necessary images.
In order to edit the dock click on List -> Edit.
See attached files in PSD. These can also be downloaded from the UI Center itself.