In order to add a single live show to the EPG:
1. Go to Live and click on New Program.
2. Enter the following details:
- Name - The name of the program (mandatory).
- Description - A description of the program. It will appear in the application if the application was designed to display it (optional).
- Show - This option will allow you to link an EPG item to a show. Clicking on the EPG item's meta data would lead to the show page (optional).
- Event sequence - not relevant anymore.
- Starts - The start date and time of the show (mandatory).
- Ends - The end date and time of the show (mandatory).
- Image - Not in use
- Tag - Not in use
- Splash - If you want the default channel splash ad to appear before the show, check the checkbox. If you choose not to use the default splash, you can either load a different splash, or not use a splash at all. Note that if you select a specific splash for the show, every user who opens the live during the times of the show, will see the splash entered here.
- Preroll - If you want the default channel preroll ad to appear before the show, check the checkbox. If you choose not to use the default preroll, you can either load a different preroll, or not use a preroll at all. Note that if you select a specific preroll for the show, every user who opens the live during the times of the show, will see the preroll entered here.
- Live - If your application is going to broadcast the program, please mark this option. Otherwise the user won't be able to watch the program.
- Images - If your application allows it, here you can upload the images that will appear in the application connected to the program. Please consult us if you want to know where exactly will the image appear.
- Streaming Source Override - your channel by default has a streaming source defined that will be applied to all of the programs of the channel. If you wish to use another streaming source just for this program, this option will be able to let you choose from all the streaming sources. As a result, the program will play the streaming source chosen from the drop down menu instead of the default one.
3. Click Create to save the new program to the schedule. You can add more than one program at a time by clicking on Create and continue instead.
Note that when clicking on Create or Create and continue, the system will check for the following violations:
- Starting and ending time must be different.
- Starting date and time must be prior to ending time and date.
- Description - Maximum length is 170 characters.
- Name - Minimum is 4 characters, maximum 255 characters.