To create a new category:
1. Enter the VOD section in the CMS.
2. Click on New Category:
3. Fill in the following details. Note that you only have to enter the mandatory fields.
- Name (mandatory) - The name of the category. This will be utilised in various ways throughout the application.
- Nature (mandatory) - The type of the category: Show, Season or Generic. The nature of the category will determine where it can be placed in the content tree:
- Show - A category of nature Show can be placed only under a category of nature Generic
- Season - A category of nature Season can be placed only under a category of nature Generic or Show
- Generic - A category that can be used anywhere in the tree.
Upon saving your category, the system will check for the following restrictions:
- A category that is Show cannot be placed under another category that is Show.
- A category that is Season cannot be placed under another category that is Season.
- A category that is Season cannot be placed above a Show category.
- Description (optional) - Describe the Category/Season/Item. This will appear in the app if designed to be used.
- Parent (mandatory) - Choose the category above the current one.
- Show name - This is entered automatically and it is used for analytics purposes.
- Facebook comments ID (optional) - The Facebook page of the Category/Season/Item (related to Facebook comments feature).
- Broadcast times (optional) - Other dates which the item is broadcasted. This field is relevant only if your app was designed for it.
- Color (optional) - Not in use.
- Order date (optional) - Show date and time. This field is relevant only if your app was designed for it.
- Available in countries (optional) - If you wish the category to be invisible in certain countries, select the relevant countries here. If you select nothing, the category will be visible in all countries.
- External ID (mandatory) - The resource's id in your system. NOTE: this must be unique across all resources. The value can be any string with length up to 80 characters
Upload the images, according to the sizes mentioned next to the title. These sizes will change according to your app design.
Check the checkbox in order to make the category active for viewing in the application:
Check the checkbox if the category is free, else it will be paid and more settings will need to be adjusted in the app:
Advertising Selections (optional)
Upload splash or preroll to the specific category. In case the category got a specific preroll, this category won't get the app's preroll. All of the categories beneath this specific category will get this preroll (the same thing regarding splash):
Three kinds of vouchers can be set up here:
- Item voucher template - Select the voucher you would like to apply to the specific item
- Season voucher template - Select the voucher you would like to apply to the specific season
- Show voucher template - Select the voucher you would like to apply to the specific show
4. Click on 'Create' in order to save the changes.