In order to create a link item, please follow the instructions:
3. Choose Link Item.
- Name - The item name.
- Link url - Copy the URL which you would like to add. Bear in mind that the webpage or ad the link is going to, should be optimized for mobile devices. This way we can guarantee the best user experience.
- Link type - Using the new link type called Applicaster Media Atom the app can interpret the link as Atom feed and parse it accordingly. Adding the Atom feed URL without changing the link type will cause the app to open the Atom feed as a web page and the browser will show only the raw data.
If you are not using an Atom feed, please use Default.
- Link orientation - How will the link be opened: Portrait/Landscape/Both.
- Webview zooming - If you want to let the users to zoom when the link is open in a webview, please check the checkbox.
- Show navigation controls - To show or hide the navigation controls (to go back or to go forward)
- Show close button - To show or hide a close button. This is useful for iOS, because it doesn't have a back button.
- Parent - Select under which category you'd like the link item to app. If this link category is not going to be under any show, you can ignore this field, because later you will add the item to the relevant Collection directly. For more information: https://applicaster.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204644569-Collections
- Color - Not in use.
- Order date - Show date and time. In the app is shown as Broadcast at X (in order to get this feature, please contact us).
- Available in countries - Where this Category/Season/Item is available. When this field is empty, the app is available worldwide.
- External ID - Not in use.
You can obtain data simultaneously in the different supported analytics providers, as supported by your app:
- Google Analytics
We use the "Link Category was Clicked" event and get the URL that was specified in the URL field of the Link Item.
It's also possible to use bit.ly links and consolidate the clicks by "campaign".