What are Redeem Codes?
The Redeem Codes functionality allows you to create codes you can distribute to your end-users, which will give them access to paid content in your application.
In order for your end-users to be able to use the redeem codes, you will need to have a page in your app allowing them to enter the code.
The creation of Redeem Codes has 3 steps:
1. Creating a Voucher Template.
2. Creating a Redeem Code Template
3. Creating the Redeem Codes
Creating the voucher template
1. Go to Admin > Vouchers.
2. Click on 'New'.
3. Choose voucher type: Permanent.
This means that the user buying the item/category, will have permanent access to it (unless it is deleted or deactivated in the CMS).
4. Enter the following details:
Name: This is a for internal use. Choose a name that indicate what this voucher template represents (for example, the name of the show).
Product Identifier: The code of the relevant product in iTunes Connect.
Market Product Identifier: The code of the relevant product in Google Play.
5. If you want to validate the voucher for certain countries, choose those countries under 'Countries'.
6. Click on 'Create' to save.
Create Redeem Codes Template
1. Go to Admin -> Redeem Codes.
2. Click on 'New' in order to create new template.
3. Enter a name for the Redeem Code Template
4. Select the Voucher Template you created in phase 1.
5. Choose Category or App in the Voucher Domain Type field.
Selecting App, will allow you to choose the application you want. This will give the end-user access to the entire content of the application.
Selecting Category, you will be able to select the specific category you want to give the end-user access to.
6. Click on 'Create'.
You will now see the Redeem Code Template you just created in the Redeem Code List page.
Generating the Redeem Codes
1. Find your Redeem Code template in the list and enter the number of codes you want to generate
2. Click on 'Generate Codes'.
3. The system will start downloading a file with all the codes. Click 'OK' on this message:
3. An Excel sheet with all of the codes will open up - Save it on your computer.
You can give the codes to end-users. Then they will be able to insert the codes to the 'Redeem code' section in the app and get access to the content. Each code can be used only once.
Note 1 - if you would like to generate another batch of codes, all you need is to repeat the "Generating the Redeem Codes" step. You only need to create a new Redeem Code template if you wish to give users a redeem code that gives them a different kind of access to your content.
Note 2 - After the user used the code, the only way to revoke the access is to delete the UDID/UUID from the system.
Track the Usage of the Redeem Codes
In the Redeem Codes List page, under the 'No. of codes used' column, you can see how many codes were used: