If you need to create mass amounts of in-app purchase products in iTunes Connect, Apple provides a tool to do it easily - the Application Loader.
How Does it Work?
The Application Loader is a tool allowing you to upload in-app purchases to Apple. The products must all be created in an Excel file, and then uploaded to iTunes Connect using the Application Loader.
To start, you will need to log into your iTunes Connect account and download the Application Loader from https://itunesconnect.apple.com//apploader/ApplicationLoader_3.1.dmg
For more information on using the Application Loader, see https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/ra/resources/download/AppLoaderUserGuide/pdf
Creating the Excel File
See attached file for the template of the excel file. This must be compiled exactly as instructed - the process will fail if it is not compiled exactly as instructed.
1. Fill in the information in the spreadsheet as required. N.B:
- The SKU fields should contain the SKU of the application to which the IAP belongs.
- Product IDs must not contain spaces. Spaces should be replaced with ‘.’ or ‘_’ (without quotation marks).
- The Screenshot Path is a local path to the image, not a web link. E.g. /Users/Admin/DemoProject/IAP/image1.png
- The screenshot must be retina size, i.e. double what is written in the Application Loader document.
- The Effective Date and End Date fields must be empty for new IAP products.
- Dates must be in MM/DD/YYYY format.
2. Save the spreadsheet as a tab-delimited CSV in UTF-8, using the extension ‘.txt’ (without the quotation marks). This is extremely important! If the file does not have the ‘.txt’ extension it will not be accepted by Application Loader.
3. Open Application Loader.
4. Select Import.
5. Find the .txt file and open it. Loading may take a long time for large files, up to a few minutes.
6. Once loaded, select Delivery at the top of the screen.
7. Click on Deliver and wait for the data to be uploaded.
8. Once the data is uploaded (this may take some time, depending on the number of lines in the file), you must submit the in-app purchases for review in iTunes Connect.
To do this, log into your iTunes Connect, open the in-app purchases. All the items you uploaded are should now be available, in status "Ready to Submit". Select them and click Submit.
Once Apple approves the in-app purchases, an e-mail will be sent to the user entered on the account.