Voucher templates represent the price of an application, a category or an item. In this article we will focus on creating voucher templates for categories and items.
If you would like to sell single items or categories on your application, you will first need to create corresponding products with Apple and/or Google.
In the CMS (admin.applicaster.com) you will need to:
1. Create the voucher template.
2. Assign the voucher template you created to the relevant item or category.
Creating the voucher template
1. Go to Admin > Products >
2. Click on New.
3. Choose voucher type: Permanent or Subscription (Trial is no relevant anymore).
If you choose Permanent, it means that the user buying the item/category, will have permanent access to it (unless it is deleted or deactivated in the CMS).
If you choose Subscription, it means that the user will be paying every month an amount according to what was defined in Google Play or iTunes Connect.
4. Enter the following details, and remember that all of them should be the same as the ones configured in Google Play / iTunes Connect:
- Name: This is for internal use. Choose a name that indicates what this voucher template represents (for example, the name of the show)
- Product identifier: The code of the relevant product in iTunes Connect.
- Market product identifier: The code of the relevant product in Google Play.
- Duration: Only relevant to Subscription, it represents the duration of the voucher. For example, 1 month, 1 year...
5. If you want to validate the voucher for certain countries, choose those countries under Countries.
6. Click on Create to save.
Assigning the voucher template to an item/category.
Once the products you created were approved by Apple and/or Google, you can proceed to assigning the voucher template to an item/category.
Note: If you assign the voucher template before it was approved by Apple, users will not be able to purchase the item/category, and will not be able to watch it.
1. Go the the VOD Library and locate the relevant item/category.
2. Scroll to the Vouchers section and select from the drop-down menu the relevant voucher template you've created earlier.
Note that if you enter a voucher for a Season, that voucher will be assigned to all the items within that season. If you assign a voucher for a show, that voucher will be assigned to all the items within the show.